New to Mac = help!

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

I recently switched to Mac from PC.
I have a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard and have a few questions;

1:
When using Safari, it kind of bugs me that when I type in a word in the address field all my recent searches and history is included. Is there any way to turn this of? It's really annoying such long list of websites -and many of them is from the same, for example Google.
So -can I disable the feature of including history in the adress field?

2:
Is there any way to hide all file extensions? It's annoying that all my music files, pictures and movies includes an .mp3 or .jpeg.
I have checked the box saying to hide extensions, but not all is hidden. Is there a way to hide them all, like in Windows?

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
C

chas_m

When using Safari, it kind of bugs me that when I type in a word in the address field all my recent searches and history is included. Is there any way to turn this off?

I have to say both of your requests strike me as rather odd, but for this first one I think you would want to look at "private browsing."

The feature is there to save you time from having to retype websites you have already visited. Perhaps you should work from bookmarks instead of retyping so much?

Or if this is a case of wanting to "cover your tracks" from other users, yeah you want "Private Browsing."

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.