Back up copy of tiger on a cd-rom

J

Jucawho

I have a powerbook pismo and unfortunately my dvd drive broke and I only have a cdr drive on my powerbook now! I just want to make clear though that I bought the retail version of Tiger and I'm installing it on my G5 but I would like to install it on my powerbook as well and have a back up copy of it! How would I go about doing that ?? Is there any way of burning a copy of tiger on a cd-rom or install tiger on my powerbook any other way ??? thanx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that would be illegal unless you purchased a family pack license, though apple is offering tiger on cd rom to some, I say some as you, and most don't know, but for $9.99 and your tiger dvd's, they'll give you a copy of tiger on cd rom, but then you won't have the dvd's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can make a backup copy of the DVD only BEFORE installing Tiger (i.e. under panther using toast). Theoretically you should also be able to make a cd version of the dvd using this method, but I think it would just be easier to get the cd's from apple.

Assuming you have 2 licensed copies of Tiger I'd do this:

1. Make a backup DVD on your G5 before you install Tiger.
2. Send the original to apple in exchange for the CD's.
3. Install the cd-version on the pb and use your backup dvd to install on your G5.

ONLY if you have more than 1 license though!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.