Est value of Macbook 13" white 2.2GHz with intermittent sound "issues"

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an estimate of the value of this:

Macbook white 13" 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, Superdrive (rarely used), 250GB Hitachi 5400 RPM HDD.

considering that it is in beautiful condition and works perfectly EXCEPT that the sound cuts out intermittently.

I've decided not to have it fixed but sell as-is because I really need a 15".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I recently saw in BestBuy ad a white unibody Macbook with about the same specs for $999. If I wanted to buy yours I would go as high as $700 but start low at $600 or even $500. At $700, that's very generous for a notebook that has a problem with unknown repair cost.

Maybe you can start a virtual auction here :p

OP
D
Reaction score
quin... thanks for your comments. Is this something you might be interested in? This isn't really a "for sale" post, as I initially just wanted to get an idea of what this might be worth.

Oh, I totally agree with you, I think $700 is definitely too generous! (No that that I'd refuse such an offer.) ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Before just giving up on a possible quick fix, try repairing disk permissions booted from the install disc.
Then, if you are running 10.5.8 or lower download this and if you're running 10.6.2 or lower download this
This may fix the issue!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
also, clean out the headphone jack.... if it is dirty, this could be causing it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They just keep coming :) ....also, try resetting PRAM.
Hold down option + command + P + R while restarting Mac and keep holding until you get 3-4 chimes.
That's it for now... I'll await your response :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
quin... thanks for your comments. Is this something you might be interested in? This isn't really a "for sale" post, as I initially just wanted to get an idea of what this might be worth.

Oh, I totally agree with you, I think $700 is definitely too generous! (No that that I'd refuse such an offer.) ;)

I just bought a MBP 13 a few months back so I'm not in the market for another notebook. I already have a Toshiba and a HP gathering dust thanks to my MBP. I need to off load them myself.

I gave an honest opinion as what I might give for your notebook, on limited info, to help you gauge what you can get out of selling it ;D Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.