Bootcamp GTA IV?

Reaction score
I have a copy of Windows Vista 32-Bit from my old laptop that I never use. I tried installing it onto my MacBook Pro 17" Unibody a little over half a year ago with the intent to play GTA IV on it, but I couldn't get past the authorization process. It wouldn't let me connect to the internet to verify my Windows. Anyways, I removed Windows altogether from my Mac but I've been wanting to play GTA IV on my MacBook, recently. Anyways I have some questions before I make another attempt:

• Will my copy of Windows Vista from my old laptop work?
  • After installing Windows using Bootcamp, I have to install all of my drivers using my Mac OS X dvd, correct? I'll then be able to verify my copy of Windows through the internet, right?

Reaction score
I don't know much about boot camp, but make sure your mac's specs are higher then the ones required for GTA IV (recommended system requirements)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Your copy of Windows from your previous laptop will not work. That copy was tied to that specific machine and the key cannot be used on any other machine. You will have to purchase a retail or OEM for System Builders version of Windows for Boot Camp.

The Boot Camp Assistant provides you with all of the steps for installing Windows on your Mac. Be sure to read the entire thing before starting the process.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your copy of Windows from your previous laptop will not work. That copy was tied to that specific machine and the key cannot be used on any other machine. You will have to purchase a retail or OEM for System Builders version of Windows for Boot Camp.

Oh, well. Well, that's good to know, I'm not shoveling out any more money for Micro$soft. Thanks for the help, this topic can be closed now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.