Unibody Macbook Pro 15 - screen

Reaction score
Hello all,

I dropped the mac and the lower left casing of the screen was dented (and it's now wrapped with a duct tape). Since then, 1/4 of the screen is not shown (please refer the photo). It does sometimes work, depending on the angle, but it takes few minutes to find the 'perfect' angle.

I went to the apple shop- and apparently, Apple claimed that it was my fault- yes it was- and asked $800 to fix it.. :Grimmace:

I want to fix it by myself, and I am ready to disassemble it! So, which part should I replace? I believe that the screen itself is intact, and guess that either the inverter or the cable between the screen and the logic board is the problem. But, I am not sure.

Please let me know which part I should replace. Also, where can I buy the part? Ebay has some, but most of times, they are selling the entire screen... i dont need all of them.

Thanks for your help!

all5.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.