My Macbook pro makes wierd noise when opened

Reaction score
I know that it is normal to make a short noise (I think it is the disk drive starting up or something) and mine was fine for about a year however now it makes that noise for about 5-10 seconds.(the disk drive does it over and over again). Is this a problem? What should i do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
How full is your HD?

OP
J
Reaction score
I still have over 80 gigs left.. (i have boot camp installed with over 80 gigs left on the mac side and over 100 on the windows)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If it's a clicking sound coming from your hard drive, it's likely dying on you. I would advise that if it is indeed a clicking sound coming from your HD that you backup all of your data to a secondary/backup drive. Is this in fact the problem?

OP
J
Reaction score
No im pretty certain that is not the problem. My laptop is less than a year old so i dont the hard drive is dying and also I don't think that's what the noise is. It sounds like to me the same noise that the CD drive makes when ejecting a CD but there is no CD in it and it used to only do it for about a second now it does it for like 5 - 10 seconds.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Firstly, backup onto an external drive!
Now, if it's still under warranty, take it to Apple before it runs out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.