Safari error domain 0/1/2

Reaction score
I recently bought this computer, macbook pro. And I am about to throw this computer out the window. I have talked with 2 apple representatives about this safari error domain error 0,1, (rarely 2)

Every time, I try to download an application, (not any thing else such as a torrent or document.) it downloads fully and then it tries but fails to verify the disk image.

Consequently, my apple update will not work. It downloads the updates, tries to verify it and always comes up with an error.(The safari problem came up when I found out on the first day I could not update this computer.)

The Apple support is fine, but they so far have found no solution. I have tried and failed with the following.

Disk Utility.
Erasing the HD as per Apple instructions with the restart and holding the option key or some other key. Thus I have reinstalled everything. Twice.

I bought this computer last Friday, and I am sure that all apple computers should not act this way. So if worse comes to worse I will simply return it. But is there anything else that I can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Did you buy this new or second hand?
Edit:
I can see by your wording that you bought it new from Apple.
If you have reinstalled twice, and repaired permissions and this is still occuring, I would go into Apple and I am sure they will replace it based on this, unless they can fix this on the spot for you.
Don't give up hope, however, when either the instant fix or repair takes place, when you get home with it, go to this link and run through all the tutorials listed at the bottom of the page.
They are invaluable for a new Mac user.

OP
A
Reaction score
thx 6string

Yes, I bought it from Apple. I am going to set up an appointment this weekend. I mean I like the computer but it is very annoying to have absolutely no programs that I want to use on it. like adobe shockwave player, I cant check my hw. etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I understand your frustration, but occasionaly, things go wrong, but for most with Macs, things rarely or never do.
Majority of people who come to the forum for help are the few that have had something go wrong, or do not know how to do something with their Mac....
Apple are really good, and you will have your Mac, or a brand new Mac up and running in no time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.