From Tiger to Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently registered an account here at Mac-Forums. :)
The site looks great, and I think I have my first question for the forum. I've tried searching it already, but I can't seem to find a case specifically like this.

I have a Snow Leopard disc here, and I was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade two macs with Tiger to Snow Leopard? Here's specs for one

pastedGraphic-4.png

Secondly, will upgrading to Snow Leopard make certain older applications unusable, such as Adobe Photoshop 7 and CS4, older versions of Mac Mail, Safari, and so forth?
(And when installing Snow Leopard, will there be some sort of window telling me what applications will be unusable?)

And finally, will the Snow Leopard disc be able to download the OS to multiple computers?
Thanks a bunch! :)
-Josh​

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Here's a few quick search results that I found ("tiger to snow leopard"). 1 2 3

Even if you determine it is "ethical" to make the jump from 10.4 - 10.6, you can't use the $29 SL upgrade disc on 2 machines. Only 1. You'd need the family pack.

OP
J
Reaction score
Are you sure? I remember hearing that the disc was usable on multiple machines, due to the fact that it didn't require a serial code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
The EULA specifies that it can only be installed on 1 Apple computer at a time. The Family Pack gives you a license to install it on up to 5 Apple computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Even if you determine it is "ethical" to make the jump from 10.4 - 10.6, you can't use the $29 SL upgrade disc on 2 machines. Only 1. You'd need the family pack.

Are you sure? I remember hearing that the disc was usable on multiple machines, due to the fact that it didn't require a serial code.

Well, roxie, that answers your question...

You can, but Apple doesn't want you to.

If more and more people rip them off in the way you're suggesting, the whole Mac community will be sentenced to the "locking mechanisms" used by Windows and others and make it more of a hassle for everyone. So, if you do it, don't brag about it. It won't make you popular around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

So in short you're saying it's ethical to break the EULA by sugrading from 10.4->10.6 with the SL disc only. But then you say it's unethical to break the EULA by using using the single computer SL disc on more then one computer instead of buying a family pack.

Both are breaking the EULA. It's funny you are condoning one and against the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
So in short you're saying it's ethical to break the EULA by sugrading from 10.4->10.6 with the SL disc only. But then you say it's unethical to break the EULA by using using the single computer SL disc on more then one computer instead of buying a family pack.

Both are breaking the EULA. It's funny you are condoning one and against the other.

Haha, No. :D
I was saying some people think it is ok to go from Tiger to SL. I'm saying it's up to his conscience, but I don't personally think it's right based on EULA.

The second part is my fault in misunderstanding the family pack vs. single disc. I didn't know that you could use a single upgrade disc on more than one computer. Didn't realize it was even possible.
I don't think either situation is right because it breaks EULA. But some people don't think it's that big of a deal. It would be nice if we all followed the "rules". O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.