Screen distortion on Powerbook G4 Aluminum.

Reaction score
:Grimmace:I just bought this powerbook off eBay. I got a great deal on it ($140), only it has one problem, the bottom half of the screen is distorted. I do not know if this happens when you hook it up on an external monitor or not, but it does appear on the laptop screen. So, what's the problem, anyone know?

Powerbook G4 Aluminum

1.5Ghz processor
512Mb of RAM
15 Inch Screen
80Gb HDD

Thanks.

4385912276_0fb6ae42f9_o.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
A G4 PB is known for this, the LCD will need to be replaced

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
This issue should not show up on an external (meaning an external would work fine) and sometimes can be fixed by "re-seating" the ribbon cable that runs from the logic board to the display. This requires taking the thing apart, but could save you some money. I know of a repair shop that would "repair" these... most of the time (but not all) it ended up being a ribbon cable issue. They become warn, unseated, dirty connection etc... Its worth a try first before spending any money.

OP
J
Reaction score
@grnvlmike

Awesome, I was going to try resetting the ribbon cable, as I have done this before on a similar Powerbook. Hopefully It will work. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.