Rosetta Stone/Audio Jack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
I have Rosetta Stone, and a set of headphones with mic. The headphones have two plugs: one for output to headphones, one for input to mic. Which one should I plug in so I can both hear from the headphones, and speak in the mic? Neither seems to work well. Am I missing a setting? Thanks!

GXT

Reaction score
There always seems to be conflicts with external mic's and the built in. First you need to make sure that the internal isn't being used by another application. The best advise is to shut down other applications that se a mic (Skype, iChat, ...) then go to System Preference and adjust the sound settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I have Rosetta Stone, and a set of headphones with mic. The headphones have two plugs: one for output to headphones, one for input to mic. Which one should I plug in so I can both hear from the headphones, and speak in the mic? Neither seems to work well. Am I missing a setting? Thanks!

I have Rosetta stone too and it came with a USB headset.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.