Best Free Task Manager Application

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
So my question is pretty much what's the closest app to Things? I know there's probably nothing like it, but it has so many features that I just don't need. Paying for them would be pointless. I tried googling best task manager, and free equivalent of Things, but I found nothing. So I want to know what's the best free task manager that I can get?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You might get better responses if you tell us which features you are looking for specifically.

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
I don't know about for the desk or laptop, but there are a few free (or really cheap) ones for the iPhone.

I have Things and like it, and one of the features that attracted me to it was being able to synch it between the desktop and iPhone. But in practice I find I almost always use it on the iPhone, and it almost isn't worth the trouble of synching it on the desktop.

OP
Yffum
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, thanks for the suggestion, I've seen many of those iPhone ones, and have tried some, but I'm really looking for a desktop one. If I had to choose some features, I'd say I want you to be able to arrange tasks into separate groups. I'd also like a "smart group" where tasks can be in multiple smart groups at a time. i.e. Highest priority, closest to due date, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Oh, thanks for the suggestion, I've seen many of those iPhone ones, and have tried some, but I'm really looking for a desktop one. If I had to choose some features, I'd say I want you to be able to arrange tasks into separate groups. I'd also like a "smart group" where tasks can be in multiple smart groups at a time. i.e. Highest priority, closest to due date, etc.

Go here , you may be impressed :

Getting the right things done Franklin style (almost) using OmniFocus | rare pattern

Hope it helps
Clay

OP
Yffum
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Oh thats right , free . Sorry about that.

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.