Problem w/ OS 9.2.2 and Iomega CD burner

J

johndingk2

Hey alll. I have a Iomega 650 CD USB burner and I recently updated to OS 9.2.2 and now the **** think wont work. It is recognized in "Apple System Profiler" as a device but none of the burning software will recognize the burner. I was running Toast 4.1.1 and it wont recognize the burner and the system "disc burner" software wont either. I went to IOmega's website and they said go to Apple and download new third party software and there is none on the appple web site.I am all ears. Any ideas?

Thanks
John

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you tried upgrading your version of toast. I was up to version 5.1.2 or 3 before i moved to X full time. I believe that 5.2 runs in both environment.

OP
G

goodolebwinches

EVERYONE HERE IS HIGHLY INTELLIGENT. MY COMMENTS ARE MEANT IN NO WAY TO INSULT ANY ONE. I AM JUST TRYING TO OFFER HELP.

I don't mean to sound silly, but I had a similar problem about a year of so ago. The problem wasn't the software in my case. The problem was that I wasn't POWERING ON the external drive before restart. The device would still be recognized in SYSTEM PROFILER, but wouldn't actually work or be recognized in the Toast menu.

Now, your situtation may not be that simple, but mine was. Always remember to POWER ON AND HOOK UP EXTERNAL DEVICES BEFORE YOU POWER ON THE MAC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.