Html help!

Reaction score
Does anybody know a quick easy way to protect your content on a website.

I remember years ago when I was using site builder, I came across this blocker in the form of a html code. It would give a error popup when people rightclicked on your website pages.

Anything would help again for html and for a mac!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Does anybody know a quick easy way to protect your content on a website.

I remember years ago when I was using site builder, I came across this blocker in the form of a html code. It would give a error popup when people rightclicked on your website pages.

Anything would help again for html and for a mac!

There are content protector javascripts, easy to search and install, gives a pop up message saying this is property of so and so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Javascript can be used, though most browsers will still allow the user to right click and view /save the code. In essence there is not much you can do to protect the code. You could perhaps try programming some sort of way to scramble to code when viewed.?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Remember that there is no 100% way to protect you site content.

I've protected my images from being directly referenced from third party sites, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't copy them and place them on their sites. I did this because of the off chance that the other site gets millions of hits, I could get stuck with a big bill for bandwidth that wasn't for my site.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks!

You guys relieved a little tension off the hard drive in my skull! Thanks guys and god bless!

Reaction score
I use htaccess for my site which is a built in module for Apache. But it may be a bit complicated for newbs. There are some third party software out there that offer site protection. I think Strong Box is one of them.

Reaction score
Copyscape offers a service that protects against content being stolen and posted on the web. I believe that they track your content and alert you if it pops up somewhere other than your site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.