getting to the super drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
This is more of a followup to my previous thread. How easy is it to get to the super drive in my powerbook? It's 17", I'm guessing something is loose because there is no power to it since it won't eat up a CD when I try to put one in and the comp isn't recognizing that it's there. Thanks in advance.

P

PHiSH

gort said:
This is more of a followup to my previous thread. How easy is it to get to the super drive in my powerbook? It's 17", I'm guessing something is loose because there is no power to it since it won't eat up a CD when I try to put one in and the comp isn't recognizing that it's there. Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem you are with my drive. It's really easy to get to. Just take off the screws on the bottom. I opened mine up and everything is still connected just fine. I think my drive is just dead. Hopefully yours is just a loose connection.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.6ghz Quad Xeon, 23" Cinema
Well I turned off my pb for a few minutes and turned it back on. The drive is working fine now. Strange, huh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Always best to do stuff like restarting, repairing permissions, reseting the pram, etc. before you go opening up your Powerbook... glad that it's working for you now!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.