Mini not going to sleep

E

Ex_PC_Puke

Recently my mini has been acting up - its set to go to sleep after 15min of non use - but sometimes I'll come into the room - hit the space bar (the LCD panel is off) and get the screen saver rather than the desktop.

And when this happens the system is just dog slow to respond to anything for 30sec to a minute or so. Very frustrating - not sure if this is a Tiger bug or not. After I did a restart it went to sleep on its own ok a few times - but this morning -- there it was again !

Anyone seen this behavior ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD
Is this in Tiger or Panther?

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Been running Tiger for about 2 - 3 weeks - no other big issues - just running the stock screen saver that comes with Tiger - I'll try turning the screen saver off

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

I checked on the apple forums for tiger .... several threads on this issue -- I just trashed my energy settings plist file - repair permissions - reboot - set energy permissions -------- we'll see what happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.