Control Options for iPod Touch When Horizontal

Reaction score
I have a mount in my car for my iPod touch but find it difficult to control when it's sitting there horizontally. For example, when I want to go from song to song I have to scroll through each album/artist and pick the song individually, as opposed to being able to just click "next" and go to the next song. Is there an app, maybe controller, etc that makes it more user friendly while sitting horizontally? I appreciate all you help in advance.

OP
J
Reaction score
So I see some people have viewed my post. I'm assuming that means its capabilities are pretty limited when standing horizontal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Go into Settings --> General --> Home and make sure iPod Controls is in the on position.

Start playing a song and then double tap the Home button. The iPod controls will pop up. Just leave these up and you'll have easy access to the Play/Pause and Skip buttons in the horizontal position.

You'll still need to use it in the vertical position if you want to change the music source, such as a playlist or shuffle all songs.

OP
J
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! Great response Kash...that's EXACTLY what I was looking to do!

Thanks so much!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.