oops!

K

Kahlan

Good day everyone,

I recently acquired an old clamshell. I thought it would be an inexpensive way to get a taste of Mac. When I received it, it was running perfect and have had no problems for the two months I've owned it.

I decided I wanted to partition it so I could have OS X, OS 9, and Linux on
there own volumes. The partitioning part went fine (I did it through Disk Utility). However my first attempt- Installed 10.3 and 9.2, once I did nine I couldn't start up in 10 again. It showed on the disk start up, but once selected and restarted, it went to 9. Also, what was most alarming is the memory which was at 288 MB, now only showed the originial 64 MB! On the Mac info page it is listed as not supported!

So, where did I go wrong? I would like to do a clean reformat (if there is one),
do the partitions and get my ram back. I would be forever in your debt if anyone can help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Kahlan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
dunno about the ram but i would have installed 9 before i installed 10 as 10 will know that 9 exists and then put linux on after

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I don't reccomend OS X with only 288mb ram though, it will run quite slow. 512mb should really be the amount to run it....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.