Boot Camp vs Parallel ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
How does Boot Camp stack up vs. Parallel? Pros and cons from users please.
Thanks for any input. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
With Boot Camp you are actually booting into Windows. It is a full blown Windows machine. With Parallels you are using something call virtualization. I would always recommend virtualization UNLESS you really need the extra power (i.e. gaming, etc.).

Explore For Truth: Boot Camp or Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
To add to the good advice that's already been given, here's a consideration. If you decide to use boot camp, it creates a separate partion on your hard drive which contains windows to its own area. Then if and when you decide you no longer want Windows on your Mac, its easier to remove. If you use a virtualization solution you must remove that software, as well as the files it leaves behind.
Depending on your computer skills that may or may not matter to you. But it's worth considering. Also like they said, to switch between windows and OS X you must reboot your Mac. Yet that's not a really big deal because Macs do that quickly. So it boils down to personal preference. Enjoy your Mac.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Boot Camp vs Parallel

Thanks to all who responded, I think I'll go with Parallel.I'll also check the switching to Mac reference. Van

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.