iTunes Bar ticker

T

thorsonb

I Came across a nice ticker for iTunes that displays the tittle of the current plating song on the task/menu on the top of the screen..

I was browsing in incognito mode on google chrome, and lost the link (history links)

Anyone know of this app/plugin for iTunes?

OP
T

thorsonb

those are all paid for :( im a student cant afford to spend $1 on entertainment for myself!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Running Snow Leopard out of the box
For iTunes I use 2 great free menu bar applications.

1. BravoTunes [Link]

This is a great application with a lot of features. What it does is show whatever information you choose in the menu bar about the song. And if it doesn't fit you can make the text scroll. I just have the name and artist and I turned text scrolling off because it gets annoying. Another great feature about the application is it can show the elapsed time of a song, which is really nice. You can have it in a little vertical bar or in a pie chart like when you preview songs on the iTunes store. The application also has some amazing customization features. This includes, status bar width, scrolling speed, font style, shadow, and the vertical placement of the font on the menu bar. I use the font LucidaGrande 13 so it looks normal. Oh, and when your not playing music the app hides itself, but instead of becoming invisible it shows an annoying gray bar that says "BravoTunes" on it. It's not that bad though because it's faded.

I think that app's what your using for. If it sounds like too much, don't worry you can use its features as much or as little as you want.

[Link]

2. I Love Stars [Link]

Alright, this isn't what you requested, but if you like rating your music I highly recommend this app too. It allows to change your rating as quick and as simply as possible. Firstly, it just sits in your menu bar displaying the number of stars a certain song has just like iTunes with dots for no stars, and if you want to change it you just click on the dot you want the rating to be like in iTunes. And when you're not listening to music the stars literally roll away and are hidden. Alright, this is nice, but there are 2 other features I really like about it. The first one is you can assign keyboard shortcuts for rating songs. For example, I hold ⌥1 to give it one star, ⌥2 to give it two stars, etc. And the final feature that really helps if you're always forgetting to rate songs is that you can set it to make a sound toward the end of the song and flash in the menubar if the current song is not yet rated.

[Link]

I hope this helped!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.