time machine - cant access

Reaction score
my mbp video broke and i have to send it out to get repaired but need access to my files while it gets fixed. i regularly backed it up to an external hard drive using Time Machine, however, no PC recognizes the external drive. how can I recover my info for temporary use without my Mac?

OP
O
Reaction score
my mbp video broke and i have to send it out to get repaired but need access to my files while it gets fixed. i regularly backed it up to an external hard drive using Time Machine, however, no PC recognizes the external drive. how can I recover my info for temporary use without my Mac?

jjhhjkl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
No help to you from me, but for others ending up here: this clearly illustrates the advantage of a Bootable Back up with Superduper or carbon copy cloner, insofar as you can actually get to all your info while your mac is away being fixed as long as you have access to any other mac. You just boot off the Ext HD copy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
Try the program macdrive. You can try in for 5 or 7 days... and at least see and read your files from your Mac formatted drive. Also, I would highly recommend purchasing it it you share drives between Macs and PC's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
No help to you from me, but for others ending up here: this clearly illustrates the advantage of a Bootable Back up with Superduper or carbon copy cloner, insofar as you can actually get to all your info while your mac is away being fixed as long as you have access to any other mac. You just boot off the Ext HD copy.

+1 for the bootable back-up

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
I agree with the bootable backup, but that would not do olandy much good either, as he is trying to do this from a.. ummmmm.... pc.. ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.