imac doesn´t login in SAFE BOOT. very strange!!

Reaction score
Hi I recently purchased an imac 27" C2D 4gb ram. I need to enter in safe boot but when I press SHIFT I can see the grey progress bar underneath the grey apple logo, then after a few seconds when the progress bar is completed apears a blue screen and it doesn´t go nor log in in safe boot, after about 10 minutes I had to reset the imac using power button, the very strange is that the imac log in perfectly but it doesn´t using Safe Boot, what the heck is happening???? could this be happening because the maching comes with the wireless keyboard??? please help, thanks :[:[

OP
G
Reaction score
hi, yes I did, but I`ve tried with my cable keyboard and it is the same, the computer shows a progress bar underneath the apple logo, then it stops on the middle, then a blue screen appears and it looks that the computer crash because my shift light on the keyboard remains turned on, so I have to turn the computer off by pressing power button. WHY I CAN´T LOGIN IN SAFE BOOT AND I CAN DO IT IN NORMAL LOG IN????

OP
G
Reaction score
Did you follow these instructions to the letter?

Do you have a wired usb keyboard to troubleshoot with? What problems is it having that needs Safe Boot?
Thanks, I was trying yesterday and I finally could enter in Safe BOOT, it was VERY important to hold shift key after the "Gooong" sound. As I had external speakers the computer didn't do it, so I unpluged the audio to finally hear the goong from the imac internal speakers. THANKS A LOT.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.