Icons always out of wack on desktop

C

code777

Seems like everytime I turn on my external or plug in my iPod/digital cam, etc... the icons are never lined up correctly. I have to move them to make them "snap to grid". Anyone else experience this?

Reaction score
do you snap to grid checked off all the time? Or keep arranged by, checked, in view options?

OP
C

code777

yup snap to grid is checked off. its just odd that when new icons appear they just kinda go off. it only does this when it starts a second row. like i'll have 6 icons on the left but two more need to mount in the next row and they usually are way off... maybe its just how it is in Tiger. or its me :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
its not just tiger. panther is the same.

Reaction score
Even though the icons "go off" they are still in the. Click on the desktop click View in the menu bar, the go to Show View Options. Then just select it to sort by kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Set to arrage by type, then log off and in again. Then set to snap to grid and log off and in again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.