Airport won't remember a WPA Key

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2009 2.26ghz
So I can get on my home wireless network by entering our WPA security key just fine. I"ve only kept the computer at home (Macbook). Recently I setup my HP printer to work via Wireless and that works fine but when I want to connect to my Internet again, I am asked for the WPA key. It's not a memorable password and I'm sure my Macbook is smart enough to remember this for me but I can't figure out how or where this should be stored. My Itouch does this flawlessly, why won't my Macbook.

I tried to enter one in the Keychain manually...no go.
Nothing in the Keychain about my internet connection, just websites and the like. Is ther a way to do this so I don't have to enter the password every time?

J

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2009 2.26ghz
Nev mind, I figured it out. I just had to set up my wireless connection again with the assistant and accept the keychain to remember the password.

J

C

chas_m

The thread title says WEP, the post title says WPA??

You got it figured out, so I'll just mention on the off-chance you didn't know ... WEP is not so secure anymore, WPA2 is the recommended way to go (as you probably know).

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2009 2.26ghz
I typed WEP at first then realized after posting it was WPA key instead. So I edited it but I guess it doesn't change the original-original title.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
fixed, yeah the software doesn't allow member edits of the title - even their own - ??? - don't know why vB does this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.