how to confirm 3Gs is a factory unlock

Reaction score
im looking at buying a new 3Gs. its being listed as factory unlocked. is there anyway i can confirm this? i will be able to see and handle the phone before i buy it.

1. i thought to look for jailbreaking software, ie cydia...
2. ask if i can restore the phone, plug it into my computer and see if it says "unlocked" or restore it and then put my t-mobile sim card in and make a call

any other thoughts?
thanks

sorry if this is a repost, im kind of short on time and didnt use the search option...

C

chas_m

What country are you in?

If your answer is the US or Canada, then no its not factory unlocked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Looking for Blackra!n, Cydia or similar won't work. They can be removed after jailbreaking just like any other app.

Restoring via iTunes would work, but you'd have to have some time and access to a computer.

Other than that, IDK. In the US, we don't see very many factory unlocked iPhones. I've never seen one that I know of.

OP
B
Reaction score
im in the US. i was planning on bringing my computer to plug it into itunes, how long does it take to restore. i want to make sure its factory unlocked before i fork over the paycheck

C

chas_m

Sorry, I phrased my previous post incorrectly:

What country is the seller in? If he's in the US or Canada, no its not factory unlocked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.