eSata adapter recommendations?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an eSata card I could get that would work / work well with my Mac Pro (early 2008)?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As a suggestion stick with Firewire 800 for external HDD. eSata cards cost an arm and a leg and are no faster. Then you have the problem of finding a bootable eSATA card.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Honestly, I don't need bootable - every once in a while, I need to work with some footage that is in a chassis that has USB or eSata - yes, I can suffer thru the USB aspect (as I do often on my laptop), but I'd rather have a speedier option when having to deal with drives that don't have other connection options (and ones that I really don't have permission to crack open ;) )

Reaction score
Esata Connections

I have found these connectors for my new MacPro 2.66Ghz Quad-Core / 3GB / 640GBSD / GeForce GT 120 512MB from NewTechnologies, but I am concerned about using them and voiding any warrantees.

NewerTech® eSATA Extender Cable

The only way the cables will fit from the sata connections on the MB to the back of the computer is under the fan and touches the MO. Don't know if this will cause problems either.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

Joanie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.