Mail message displays only old messages

Reaction score
So I have multiple email accounts. Only one is giving me trouble. On my computer it works just fine. On the iPhone if I select "display 25 most recent" messages it kicks out the 25 most recent and shows 25 messages before that. If I select "display 50 most recent" it doesn't show the 50 most recent but instead goes back to display 50 messages before the actual 50 most recent messages.

This is really stumping me. How can I get my iphone to display the actual most recent messages?

Reaction score
this is weird -- I started having the same issue this week with one account. It's my personal domain mail that I run through gmail's imap. It's suddenly giving me old emails (from september). I think I'm going to delete the account from the iphone and reinstall to see if that clears it up. My other accounts (a mobileme and my work MS Exchange) are fine.

OP
J
Reaction score
I've deleted and reinstalled by both iPhone and through iTunes. I don't get it. I'm gonna try completely deleting it from the computer mail program as well. Though I don't see that helping much. This is a mail account through my own domain as well. Google is not associated with it though.

OP
J
Reaction score
Well I can read my recent emails now on my iphone after switching the account to POP. That really sucks though to have all your messages marked as unread. IMAP is ideal for the iphone and your office to stay synced.

Sigh!

If anyone knows of a solution for this IMAP bug, please chime in.

Reaction score
I've read recent threads about a gmail change that's affecting the "read/unread" status of mail, but that doesn't seem to be the problem I'm having. I'm looking at my iPhone mail from gmail right now (this is IMAP through my own domain) and the All Mail folder has mail from today, yesterday, Tuesday, then jumps to August 25th. If I go to my Inbox at gmail via web (through Google Apps online), it shows all the mail in between those dates (several hundred).

I have no idea what gives. I've made no changes in the gmail account settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.