Recovering files that I just emptied from TRASH

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this Mac business and I just managed to delete lots of files (that weren't mine) for work!! I tried undo but there was no option and I don't have one of those time machine boxes.

Please could someone tell me how to recover these files please as I have no clue!! When I deleted them I thought I was moving files to another folder but for some reason it created shortcuts? Then when I deleted the surplus files I realised what I had done.

I have google'd it but its lots of old files (and generally US ones) I'm using Leopard. Not snow leopard as I'm unsure of the advantage.

Thank you all

(please be kind)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Without a backup, you are pretty much in a boat up the creek without a paddle.
Also, any use of your mac since deleting is making the chance of recovery slimmer than it already is, as you will be overwriting.
DiskWarrior 4 or Data rescue Computer Data Recovery, Mac Data Recovery Software, Mac Data Rescue, Digital Data Recovery Disk for Mac - Data Rescue 3
Otherwise, going to data rescue professionals.
Whichever way you go, once you have emptied the trash without a back, it's really slim pickings!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.