• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Ps3

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
I definitely will add ya. Im still trying to figure out when I want to buy it, I kinda want to go get it today, but have 3 pc's at home I have to fix, and wednesday wont be home till late. So it really wouldnt be until thursday I could set it up, might just wait until then :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you need a HDMI cable, get it from monoprice.com.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Speaking of HDMI cables, I purchased one from EB Games, it's an 8ft "Intec" and it's "designed for PS3." They also had one "designed for Xbox 360," which was the same, just different color cable.

Does any one know if it is a 10.2gbps cable? Because I have a nice TV, a Sharp Aqous, which has "Vyper Drive Technology" which is supposed to reduce latency between game consoles/dvd/bluray players. The thing is, I'm still noticing a lot of motion blur that I never got with the x360 using the HDMI cable that came with it.

I can't find any info on this cable at all. I only bought it because it was $20 and I couldn't handle not playing in HD.. Static images and the overall image quality is really nice, but the motion blur sucks, especially in Vegas 2.

I can find WHERE to buy it, but I can't find any kind of hardware specs on it to see what the xfer rate is.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
DarkArt,
Hey Im not an expert on HDMI cables, but I started doing a little 15 min research and I dont think the HDMI cable you have runs at 10.2gbps, all though it does pass the 1.3 testing which runs in speeds of about 6gbps I think. If this is the cable you got, I know its not the exact on cause this one also comes with a USB cable Cable I dont think it is running in 10.2gbps, Now on Amazon.com I looked up HDMI cables and noticed that any cable that said HIGH SPEED says in the description that it runs 10.2gbs like this cable Here Hope this helps, it sure helped me look more at HDMI cables before I buy one. I will never buy a monster cable though LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Thanks brah.. Appreciate the info. I basically bought this cable because I'm broke, and to tie me over until I can afford a better one. The one linked to EB Game's site isn't the one I bought.

I might head to the market today, it's like the Chinatown of Toronto, and every other store is a computer store, which usually have really good prices, so I might see if they have anything better.

But I mean, this Intec cable feels solid and has the cool mesh around it like in some modded PSU's for computers. The picture quality is really nice on it, it's just the motion blur when playing fast-paced games that kills me. I'm really picky (probably too picky) for my own good haha.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
What the Eff

Ok, So I checked out SAMS they were out of PS3's :( so then I started checking around other stores in my town, everyone is out of PS3's and they have no idea when they will be getting more in. What is up with that? Thats Target, Walmart, Bestbuy, Sams ooo Im ganna call Hastings (crosses fingers)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
PS3's have gained A LOT of popularity over the last 6-8 months.. On my local Kijiji website, people are selling their x360's at stupid-low prices just to get a PS3.

I called 7 EB Games locations before I found one that had them in stock, and this was about mid-January.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
WOOT!!! I got a PS3 on Friday night!!!! So excited, also got CODMW2, (getting used to using the controller again for FPS I mainly play FPS on pc) Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet :D So excited. DarkArt Ill have to add ya soon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah buddy, I've got LBP, so you can play with my girl and I if ya want.. And I'm going to EB Games today to make them give me my $100 discount, so I'll most likely get MW2, and whatever the girl wants lol.

OP
LogicBox
Reaction score
HAHAHA ya my fiance was bugging me yesterday as I was playing CoD to play LBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
HAHAHA ya my fiance was bugging me yesterday as I was playing CoD to play LBP

Grr!! I'm so mad right now!

So I go to the EB Games where I purchased the PS3, and apparently, what they do, is, the four games that have a minimum $8 trade-in value, they bump the value up to equal $100, so that's my discount.

But on my receipt, it shows all the stuff I traded in, then just the original cost of the PS3 ($299.99 CDN).

I thought I didn't get the $100 discount, but they don't really tell you how it works. If I was feeling like a "jerk" today, I would've fought him for it for at least a free game or something, but still. I knew he was right and there was nothing I could do about it. I'm just mad that they don't explain it properly.

I mean, it's advertised as "trade in four games with a min. $8 value, and receive a $100 discount off the price of a new PS3."

Wouldn't you think that they'd take all of your stuff, calculate the value, subtract the $100 discount, then apply your trade-in credit towards the difference, or is it just me?

A sneaky marketing technique I guess...

It just sucks, because I was looking forward to getting a few new titles :(

On another side note, is any one here "yaeyuh" or something like that (not at home and can't remember what the ID was exactly).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.