New Iphone 3GS - on payg 02 - but unlocking...should i register with itunes?

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly im not good with this sort of technology so im just going to explain what i want to do, and hopefully people can help me.
I have bought a Iphone 3GS on o2 pay as you go... I am going to pay £15 to have to fone unlocked as i had a iphone on voda and dropped, broke it and now have to buy a replacement (which vodafone wont send - they want me to have a blackberry!)

if i register and the phone whilst with the o2 sim in with itunes, so i can download apps (like facebook) - will i have problems when i get my vodafone iphone sim??

like will it be registered to the sim - or will it be fine regardless to what sim is in?

I hope you can help me and many thanks - any other advise whilst doing this would be fantasic

James

I was told that u can put them on ur itunes and move them across - but i was worried that once i unlock it and put vodafone sim in with settings

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So you have data access on both of the O2 and Vodafone accounts? If so, you should be able to switch the sim cards and have things work just as they have..

Now, the big question is this unlock you're having done..depending on how it's being done, switching sim cards might cause issues..

Regards

OP
J
Reaction score
Ive spoken with o2 and there are unlocking the phone for me and confirm that it will full unlocked.. and that any simcard with data access will work and voda have sent me the settings.

so ur saying weather i register the phone with o2 or voda sim - my itunes account will be un affected and will still be able to download regardless to which sim i have in??

if so thats great

J

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If the phone is unlocked, should you have to register the phone with either? You can just leave it registered with one and with the other carrier's SIM, you should be on their network and be able to do everything..I'm just guessing here..we don't have this sort of freedom in the US..:D

Reegards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should have been nicer to us in 1776, then you could too ;D

Ahh you Brits..such an oppressive bunch! My adopted country rejected you in 1776..and my native country of birth did the same in 1947..:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.