Google Chrome

Reaction score
Firstly, I am not sure if this is the right folder for this question...

I installed google chrome on the mac but I have problems with youtube. I heard that chrome for mac now has flash enabled. Is this true? If not, is there a hack/mod to fix this?

Thanks,

OP
sau124
Reaction score
lol bud - I did google before I posted the thread, I should have been more clear. Flash works on other websites with videos but not on youtube. So there it goes, something is just not setup right I suppose.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What does happen when you visit Youtube? And yes..providing AS much as information about your issue will yield the best responses..:)

Regards

OP
sau124
Reaction score
Once I open youtube I just see a black screen without any controls on the bottom of the flash object. I tried going to CNN and other news websites which I am sure are still not HTML5 and it worked.

Secondly, I tried uninstalling chrome and reinstalling and then the terminal command but same issue...

For the time being, I have retorted back to Safari but I hope this is a chrome issue and not something I did with the mac...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Give one of the Chromium nightlies a try (here is the most recent one as of this post). Note that like Chrome, this is not a final product and it may in fact be more unstable than the Chrome beta.

OP
sau124
Reaction score
Give one of the Chromium nightlies a try (here is the most recent one as of this post). Note that like Chrome, this is not a final product and it may in fact be more unstable than the Chrome beta.

I had tried this but with an older beta version... with the newer version of Chromium it finally worked... thanks all for the help...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.