New Mac in a couple of Hours!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Hi everyone,

Just been watching these forum's for a couple of months now and I can finally say that im getting a Mac! A friend of mine is selling his 6month old Macbook Pro 13" for half the price. Ive been debating for a long time whether to get one and i could'nt turn this opportunity down. Im going to get it soon and I cant wait to finally have this machine. I've been reading the stickies so I know what to expect. Will fill you all in later on my experince!

By the way does anyone use a Blackberry? is there software for the mac to sync data with a BB?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome chaka. Well you have been stalking us so no need to go into the politics of it lol

But one thing i have to say is if you cant show us pictures, you havnt got the Mac ;P lol

So a cpl of pics would go down nicely

Cheers

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Ha ha yes will do!

Im very excited and hope to learn alot from everyone on here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Glossy MBP 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB DDR3 RAM 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD 10.6.5 Snow Leopard
By the way does anyone use a Blackberry? is there software for the mac to sync data with a BB?
Hello,

You can download BBDM HERE. I have not tried it yet as I have only used the MBP for 6 days. It does work with Windows Boxes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
A friend of mine is selling his 6month old Macbook Pro 13" for half the price.

What a deal! But, no ! from you, just a . is all???

Congrats. You know how to pick friends!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Congrats! You're going to love the switch and as well love the fact that if you run into any problems M-F will help you out! You lucked out with the whole BB software because RIM just recently put out a Desktop Manager for Mac in the last couple months. Before it was a pain and some times non-existent to sync up a Berry with a Mac. Good luck!

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Hi,
Yeah its an ok deal. TBH paid about 600 pounds for a 13" Macbook Pro 250GB HD 2G RAM and I got office for Mac too so im happy!
Im really enjoying it so far but i have one problem. The computer is named after the previous owner and I cant seem to change it. his name is on the house shaped logo and when i try to change it, it says it cant because it is part of the OSX. What do I do? will i have to reinstall the OSX again?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Hi,
Yeah its an ok deal. TBH paid about 600 pounds for a 13" Macbook Pro 250GB HD 2G RAM and I got office for Mac too so im happy!
Im really enjoying it so far but i have one problem. The computer is named after the previous owner and I cant seem to change it. his name is on the house shaped logo and when i try to change it, it says it cant because it is part of the OSX. What do I do? will i have to reinstall the OSX again?
Go into System Preferences and then go to Accounts. From there find the account you are talking about and change the user name. Congrats on the Mac by the way. :)

C

chas_m

As I've said elsewhere, leaving the previous owners' account -- even if you change the name of the account -- is a huge security risk for them and potentially for you.

You would be MUCH better off reinstalling from scratch, or at least setting up your own admin account and then deleting their old account.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Yeah this is what I was thinking. Also im curious about the cool light show that you get when you have a new Mac.
To reinstall do I just insert the Disks that came with it? Thanks for the advice everyone really enjoying this forum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Pop in the OS disc that came with the machine... Turn off your computer with the disc still in, boot up while holding C. Erase and install?

Unless I'm missing something he should be doing... I think Disk Utility is on that disc so you can erase the hard disk and then install fresh also from that DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Once you have done the clean install run this or this - then run Software Update from the Apple Menu to make sure you have the latest updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.