Entourage-Office for Mac

Reaction score
I would like to have my sent emails copied to my INBOX ( MS Exchange 2008) so that I can link the in and out together

C

chas_m

Mac Mail does what you're looking for (shows you your sent reply to an email by clicking on the "replied" icon). It also uses "threads" a la usenet so you can follow a long conversation.

You really REALLY don't want to mix your out and inboxes together -- Entourage has more than a hard enough time keeping things straight without duplicates of every sent message in your inbox. Organizational nightmare I'd call it.

OP
A
Reaction score
Unfortunately my Mail App. does not show the "sent " mails an issue reported elsewhere in many forums. and still unresolved.
therefore i Had to use entourage

thanks for the reply though

Mac Mail does what you're looking for (shows you your sent reply to an email by clicking on the "replied" icon). It also uses "threads" a la usenet so you can follow a long conversation.

You really REALLY don't want to mix your out and inboxes together -- Entourage has more than a hard enough time keeping things straight without duplicates of every sent message in your inbox. Organizational nightmare I'd call it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
It should be easy to do, although personally I think it sounds like a bad idea.

Note that they are already linked via a link in the preview window. If you receive a reply to a message, there is a yellow bar that says, "This is a reply to one of your messages." and there is a blue link that says "Show Message".

The reverse is true in your sent items, where it says, "This is your reply to another message. Show original."

But if you want to try it anyway...

Tools > Rules... > New
I believe your new criterion would read something like...

if
(Folder) (is) (Sent Items on My Computer)
then
(Copy Message) (Inbox on My Computer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.