Hello from a happy new Mac Mini owner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I bought a new Mac Mini just a couple of weeks before Christmas in late 2009 to replace my older G3 iMac. I really like it a lot (a very attractive piece of hardware), and it's been working out great so far. Snow Leopard is a beautiful OS, and I've had a lot of fun playing around with the bundled applications like iLife and GarageBand.

To be honest, I don't think I can accurately be described as a "switcher," because I've been using PCs since the late '80s, and I currently have a (somewhat) high-end Windows 7 machine as well. But I'm not really prejudiced against either platform -- I think they both have something to offer, and I'd like to think I can benefit and broaden my horizons by working and being familiar with more than one family of computer (I've also dabbled with Linux, but that's a story for another day).

I remember back in the early '80s when I started to get really serious about personal computing -- I spent a lot of time playing around with our family's Apple //e. We actually still have it -- although unfortunately, the monitor recently died on me. But I still have a converter that allows me to hook it up to a TV, and I also converted all of my 5.25" disks into binaries that I run with an emulator.

Anyways, thanks for having me here.

Cheers! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome to our community CarpathiaMan.

We look forward to your knowledge and as you will find there is a great deal of it in here.
Seeing your not a switcher, we can stay away from the usual info we give new members, but just one piece of advice is the search function here will be your greatest friend.
Look forward to seeing you about :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP,2.53 GHz,4gb RAM....32 GB Ipod Touch 3G.....5th gen Ipod video 30 gb..
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hi everyone,
... I bought a new Mac Mini just a couple of weeks before Christmas in late 2009 to replace my older G3 iMac.

Hello, and welcome! I bought my Mini two years earlier, to replace a G3 desktop. I ended up buying AppleCare a few weeks later after several people suggested that its parts are on par with those in a laptop. So far, KOW, I haven't had to use it. Just 10 more months...

So, if you're thinking about it, my experience would be inconclusive. Yeah, I know, big help, eh?

Enjoy your new Mac! :)

OP
CarpathiaMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to using sites such as these to expand my knowledge of my Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.