Dial-up: How to handle incoming calls?

D

djmitch

After setting up my modem preferences to alert me to incoming calls while on the Internet and to play an alert sound, I got a call today and chose "Answer" with my second-party Internet Call Director (ICD) program provided by Telus (a Canadian phone company). But instead of automatically disconnecting and allowing the phone to ring, my computer kept me connected to the Internet and I missed the call.

Later on, I got another call alert and this time chose "Answer" then manually disconnected. This time I got the call, but I wish the disconnecting could have happened automatically.

Some questions: Is there a way to set the modem to disconnect automatically with an incoming phone call if I choose to answer the call? Also, my ICD program displays the name and phone number of callers, but is there a built-in Mac program that will do this? Since ICD doesn't disconnect automatically, I'd like a program that will if there's no other way to do this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.