Attaching a Macbook to Apple Cinema Display

Reaction score
I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a Macbook or a Mac Mini, but I am a bit confounded has how to connect my ADC monitor to either??? Someone please tell me what I need to purchase to make this happen.

Thanx.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am about to pull the trigger on a purchase of a Macbook or a Mac Mini, but I am a bit confounded has how to connect my ADC monitor to either??? Someone please tell me what I need to purchase to make this happen.

Thanx.

You need these two items:

Apple DVI to ADC Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

But at $130 dollars for both of these items...you might just be better off getting a new monitor. Those ADC (single cable) monitors are really "funky" (meaning very obsolete)...I have one as well!;)

Hope this helps,

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
I agree the ADC equipped monitors are obsolete, but I love my 23" Apple Cinema HD Display cloaked in acrylic, the picture is still vibrant and I love the way it looks. And by the way I got it for a song on eBay at ($135 shipped).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I agree the ADC equipped monitors are obsolete, but I love my 23" Apple Cinema HD Display cloaked in acrylic, the picture is still vibrant and I love the way it looks. And by the way I got it for a song on eBay at ($135 shipped).

I could have gotten one just like that for $100 locally...but I only wanted to pay $75...and the seller wouldn't go that low.:(

No problem though...I have about 12 other monitors.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.