Power mac g3 and tiger install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power mac g4 Quicksilver, ppc g4 dual core, with 1.5GB of ram, a 180 Gb hard drive,and osx leapord
Hi all

I have a power mac g3 Blue and white motherboard that is mounted in a marathon server case, when i got it it had no hard drive and no ram cards, also it had no CD/DVD drive, so after a few days putting it together and messing around with it i got it to at least chime on start up which took about three weeks to accomplish, so any way I'm now trying to install tiger but when i start it it shows the apple screen with the spinning wheel and it just stays like that for hour and goes nowhere.

any one have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Is the Tiger disk the black-colored retail version, or machine-specific grey? You will need the full retail version.

What model of G3 processor? There were four configurations, maximum 450 MHz.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Wonder exactly what CPU is used as it may be a Hackintosh?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wonder exactly what CPU is used as it may be a Hackintosh?

OP says it's a Power Mac G3, so I'd guess it's PPC (and not a Hackintosh).

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power mac g4 Quicksilver, ppc g4 dual core, with 1.5GB of ram, a 180 Gb hard drive,and osx leapord
it is a ppc G3 I'm not sure what processor speed all i know is its a blue and white mmc mother board that is set in a marathon server box and yes the disk is retail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.