The time has come?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.
The Pc booted up fine, imported all my photos from my camera loaded up CS4 and Lightroom 3, then BAM blue screen of death! This has happend around 5 or 6 times to the current day, usually at around 12 ish (pm) but today at 16:18 it happend again, i was truly p'eed off.
- I have my heart set on a MacBook Pro (lower end one)
Their is one in the refurb section for £732, but can i get my student discount on it?
-Cheers, over to the iMac G4 to do my editing (that has 500mb of ram) that is particularly slow but much faster than my Pc that has 2gb, apple win.
Is this a wise choice also to convert to mac, at such an early age of 13?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
This will get bumped now.
I think getting a refurbed Mac is the way to go. My next purchase will be from the refurb store and ill be upgrading to a MBP 15".
You honestly cant go wrong as they are near new and carry the same warranty as a bought new one. As far as the student discount goes, im not sure, and this is the reason why it will be good to bump it as there are a lot of students here, and they will have a better idea.

2nd thing is no 13 isnt to young to be a Mac convert. I wish i had to opportunity to come over to the Mac side so young. If you waited until later on in life, you will be upset at yourself that you didnt switch at 13, and worst of all, you obviously have your mind set on one, having joined this forum and even gone as far as looking at the cheaper option to you, to be able to to make the switch.
IMO invest those hard earned pounds :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
We bought our first Mac because our kid's school's computer teacher recommended it since that's what they would be learning on there. We've never looked back. Now that they are not in the public schools, neither are the Macs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.