What so you think of 3rd party online sellers

Reaction score
The only physical stores around here that sell Apple are Best Buy and MacLife (not the magazine), and neither sell older models, new or used/refurbished. So I am looking elsewhere. Trying eBay and google. Google comes up with GainSaver and TechRestore mostly.

What do you guys think of either of these?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The only physical stores around here that sell Apple are Best Buy and MacLife (not the magazine), and neither sell older models, new or used/refurbished. So I am looking elsewhere. Trying eBay and google. Google comes up with GainSaver and TechRestore mostly.

What do you guys think of either of these?

If you're looking for a new or refurbished computer...why not order directly from Apple.com?

- Nick

OP
U
Reaction score
I'm exploring more affordable options. And Apple does not list any 2.26 LED MacBooks on their refurbished page yet. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a MacBook on there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd stay away from eBay if you're looking for an inexpensive used MacBook. It's very easy to get swindled on eBay by a dishonest seller - and as much as eBay brags about their buyer protection through PayPal and so forth, you would be hard pressed to get a refund.

You can try Craig's list but a warning there also... Unless the seller is local to you and is able to meet with you to demonstrate the worthiness of the machine, don't buy it.

My advice: Save your money, buy a new machine from Best Buy or MacLife. Or, if possible a refurbished machine from Apple.

Regards.

OP
U
Reaction score
Ya, my thoughts exactly. I have some time. And I'm trying to sell my gaming PC. So we shall see how it all goes.

Only thing is, I won't be coming into money real soon, except what I get for my computer.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm exploring more affordable options. And Apple does not list any 2.26 LED MacBooks on their refurbished page yet. In fact, I can't remember the last time I saw a MacBook on there.

Yeah...since Apple is currently only selling 1 MacBook model (everything else is a MacBook Pro)...they don't show up too much in the refurbished section.

I think that the last time I saw one it was like $849. Keep looking...maybe you'll get lucky!:)

- Nick

C

chas_m

TechRestore are good people in my experience. I would buy with confidence from them.

Ebay and Craigslist are too full of scammers for my liking anymore. :(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I was searching thru the seller's items...they want $13.33 shipping for an Airport card...pretty STEEP shipping charge!!!:(

- Nick

Its all about shipping with you !;D

Clay

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
U
Reaction score
Shipping (and tax in retail situations) does sometimes add an unaccounted for expense.

So Boise, ID (where I live) is getting an Apple Store! We're only the 42nd state to get one... Haha!

Reaction score
I was searching thru the seller's items...they want $13.33 shipping for an Airport card...pretty STEEP shipping charge!!!:(

- Nick

I hate it when they do that...it cost like a buck to ship it. :Confused:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I hate it when they do that...it cost like a buck to ship it. :Confused:

I would be more than willing to pay $3.00-$4.00 shipping...but $13.33 is just out of hand for an Airport card...it really blows the whole deal!:(

- Nick

OP
U
Reaction score
Urgh! Trying to sell a custom PC is hard! I've listed it on eBay (my account balance is up to $4.50 or something like that, cause I've listed it so many times). I've got it on craigslist. I've dropped the price all the way from $1050 to $800. "/

Maybe I won't be getting a MacBook. >.<

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.