• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Is there a way to download videos from myspace?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13 Inch Aluminum 2.26 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB
My PC hard drive has crashed and there is a video on there that I really want to get back. I uploaded it to my myspace and I am really hoping there is a way to download it to my mac. I have been looking online only to find plug in after plug in that don't seem to work and or websites claiming you can do this by providing a link with not success. I am desperate to get this video back because it's of my daughter. Thanks!

C

chas_m

Videos on MySpace are in Flash format, so you'd want something that claims to capture FLV video. Check on MacUpdate.com and do a search for flash download, check the ratings and see if there's one that specifically says it can grab from myspace. HTH

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info!!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't have much luck. I found a couple of different ones that work great for youtube. They didn't specify if they worked with myspace so I gave it a shot but no luck. There were tons of results to go through so I will probably go back and do more looking. I found some online that are for windows only so when I get my windows pc up and running I will see if I can use one of those programs perhaps.

I am also still crossing my fingers that I will be able to get some data off my hard drive. Not getting my hopes up though.

Also this makes me realize it's time to back up my mac drive!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Youtube is easy as you can just open the activity window, find the largest entry for youtube, double click on it and it downloads, no additional software needed. Myspace is a different story tho as their entire thing is shockwave and it streams differently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HERE is a free FLV downloader for Mac's. There is a extended version for $29 but if its only the one movie you want might be worth a try if you havnt already.

Good luck as it isnt nice to loose such prised possession's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Since it's your own account on myspace that you uploaded it with (I'm assuming) - maybe try contacting myspace support and explaining the situation, they may somehow make the file available to you for download...?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks a lot for the suggestions! Much appreciated. I found a whole bunch of photos that I backed up to disc that I had forgotten about so that was nice! Made me feel a bit better. Who knows maybe they would help me out. It's worth a shot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, iMac, 5th gen iPod, All of my other iMacs have been turned into aquariums!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.