Fuji FinePix Viewer install problems

D

djmitch

I just got a Mini a couple days ago and all went fine until I started to install second-party software! After attempting several times to install FinePix Viewer for my Fuji digital camera, I got a message each time telling me "There were errors installing the software. Please try installing again". What *&%$#@! errors is my question!!! It occurs at the point where the installer is "Running Installer Script".

Anyhow, here's what I did - hopefully someone can tell me if it's my or the computer's fault: I inserted the FinePix CD, then I double-clicked the icon on my desktop. A window appeared with the folder "FinePix Viewer for Mac OS X" (I have 10.4.1). I opened it then double-clicked the file "InstallerB.pkg". I was led through the installation steps fine until the above error message.

I've already searched Fuji's website, but I can't update FPV until I've actually installed it -- aarrrggghhhh! Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The program probably is not compatible with Tiger yet

OP
D

djmitch

So how do I view and/or re-organize photos, then, that I download from my camera? In the Finder window I can't see thumbnails of my images, and iPhoto is a pain because it needs to have all my images imported into it. FinePix has always done this perfectly for me and now I'm stuck until it's Tiger compatible?!?! Great ...

OP
T

Tel

iPhoto? Works fine for my old Kodak EasyShare (or whatever the **** its called) and work perfectly for my Canon EOS 300D even alowing me to import RAW files. Also has a great levels toolbar, I hardly ever have to use photoshop for image tweaking anymore.

OP
D

djmitch

Tel said:
iPhoto? Works fine for my old Kodak EasyShare (or whatever the **** its called) and work perfectly for my Canon EOS 300D even alowing me to import RAW files...
So if I use iPhoto as the default program for downloading photos from my camera onto my computer, does it put the files onto my hard drive in the folders I wish as well? It's my impression that iPhoto has its own folder system different from that of the hard drive, or am I not understanding something yet? Pardon my total ignorance, but I'm a 2-day old newbie!

Reaction score
I couldn't get the FinePix to install on my BW G3 either. Same error messages, in Panther. So I just plug the camera in and it shows up as a drive in the Finder. Then I just drag the pics to the folder I want.

To edit or sort I use Photoshop or IviewMultimedia. There are lots of editing and cataloging apps out there, some free (Gimp comes to mind). Check versiontracker.com or macupdate.com.

OP
D

djmitch

cradom said:
I couldn't get the FinePix to install on my BW G3 either. Same error messages, in Panther. So I just plug the camera in and it shows up as a drive in the Finder. Then I just drag the pics to the folder I want.
Good idea - that is my next resort because iPhoto won't allow this on my computer, even with the latest update!

OP
D

djmitch

You're right

trpnmonkey41 said:
The program probably is not compatible with Tiger yet
I e-mailed Fuji about this problem and they said the same thing. I hope it's available soon - I currently have no program that will re-arrange photos and reflect the changes on my hard drive folders.

OP
P

peterpowell

Fuji FinePix Viewer Installation Problems

I have exactly the same problem with my Mac running Panther. I have just emailed Fuji to get their comments.
Peter Powell

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.