Can I use any DVI capable monitor with my G5?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am a music producer and require a second monitor, this is my first post but I have read the forum a fair bit recently.

I have my main Apple monitor setup behind my mixing desk in between my speakers. While that is fine its a little far away for doing close edits on wave forms and programming beats etc.

What I would like to do is utilize the additional dvi port on my g5 and setup another monitor to the side of the desk where I can do close up work.

I don't need anything fancy, so am looking at second hand or refurb models, but just to clear up any monitor with dvi connections will work right?

Is there anything confusing I need to be aware of?

Cheers,

Iwan

My G5 is a dual 2.0ghz PPC, with a GeForce FX 5200 video card.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
No, I use my PowerMac G4 on a Dell DVI monitor, displays great picture. The Geforce FX 5200 should also have a VGA connector that you can use with ne monitor. (I had one in my PC)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
I don't see any problems, the video card can support two displays so you should be all set :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.