Converting to Iphone

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have an ipod touch 64GB that I love, also an Imac 27inch (hope that's right)? that I love just as much.

Am very new to mac and mac products but love the STABILITY of them.
(reason I am switching) Windows user for years and always wanted stability but never found it.

my question is this. I bought an Iphone off ebay (reputable dealer), would like to activate it but not sure if I can use pay as you go, or have to sign up a new two year agreement.

I don't mind pay as you go and would prefer it.
How do I go about getting this set up?
And thanks to all in advance, been reading the forums for awhile before I decided to go MAC. All of your great support and enthusiasm for mac and mac products is what helped me make the switch.
KD
jugghead62

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Hello and welcome to Mac Forums
To answer your question , yes AT&T will allow you to use an iPhone thru pay as you ( go phone) but you will pay a heavy toll for data usage.

Hope this helps
Clay

Reaction score
You did not mention who your current phone service is with. If by any chance you currently are an AT&T customer, you do not have to extend your contract to activate the iPhone. I was able to purchase an iPhone from a friend and just activated the iPhone and added the data plan and was good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Had mine for over a year with no data plan and it is great. Just means only phone services until you find a WiFi conn. That is the cheap choice.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Had mine for over a year with no data plan and it is great. Just means only phone services until you find a WiFi conn. That is the cheap choice.

How expensive is a data plan down there? Around here, all the popular carriers including AT&T (only iPhone provider) have data plans but they're expensive and limited to a certain amount of traffic per month. Going over the limit gets very expensive fast. And as far as I'm aware, AT&T does not allowing tethering which has upset many iPhone users.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.