Rubber feet height?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I'll warn everyone in advance that this is ridiculous, but here it is: Has anyone else noticed that the rubber "foot" on the battery is slightly shorter than the 3 other "feet" on the computer itself? I assume it has something to do with the fact that the battery isn't completely flush, so the foot is shorter to compensate? I told you it was ridiculous. :D

S

Stanley

Hi Padawan, I know it's kinda off topic, but I was wondering...
I see you have 640K RAM in your iBook. I am planning on doing the same thing, but I want to make sure it really makes a difference...

And now for all the rest of you on mac-forums:

I run really heavy programs on my iBook. Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator. Mostly all at the same time, with quite big files (+50 mb)...

Would upgrading RAM improve performance, or should I consider upgrading to a powerbook?

Stanley

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Well, I do notice a difference, but it isn't as pronounced as I expected. I think I wasn't pushing my iBook very hard to begin with, so the 256 was enough. If I used memory more heavily, I definitely think I would have noticed more of a difference. The upgrade was still worth it to me, because now I know that my machine is as fast as it's going to get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I had 512MB in my Powerbook and just upgraded to 1024, and I really didnt see that much of an improvement.. sure i can have a whole lot more stuff open before it starts slowing down, but that's a small increase.. So in my case.. it wasnt a big improvement..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.