Intelligent Resizing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Hi all, I've been hanging around for some time and thought it was probably time I joined up. A few months ago I bought myself a new iMac after having used them at uni and enjoyed them. I rarely miss Windows, and when I do I just log into Windows 7 via Boot Camp or Parallels. Now, I know that many Mac users swear by the intelligent resizing, and maybe it's my Windows background, but I can't just handle it. I understand that it's an attempt not to waste desktop real estate, but given that Spaces works so well, I don't see the need. If I'm browsing I don't want distractions in my vision. I can easily Command-Tab to another app, or better still simply switch to another Space with Control-Arrow. Anyway, is there a way to turn intelligent resizing off? I'm assuming thought that it's probably app specific, would this be correct? If so, does anybody know how to turn it off, or otherwise 'completely maximize' Chrome? I'm a long time Firefox user, but Chrome seems rather interesting and I'd like to give it a go. Cheers :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
If I'm browsing I don't want distractions in my vision.
I'm just the opposite. I don't view that as a distraction, but rather as accessibility.

I hate and I mean hate "intelligent" resizing. It is one of the few things that Windows is clearly superior in.
Not from my perspective. I prefer the intelligent resizing approach.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
You should at least have an option in System Preferences though. Glad I found this tool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
^ Agreed. The Mac platform has always been about customization. That's why we love our Macs so much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.