SATA PCI (X) for PowerMac G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
Since I got my power supply for my Pmac g4 MDD for free, I have put a 145 gig IDE in it, but since the whole worlds moving to SATA, I feel I should grab a SATA PCI card. I would like bootable from the drives connected to it, but if its prohibitively expensive I don't need the feature. I DO NOT want one with eSATA headers, already got that covered and that will just jack the cost up. I figure (as with all things) I will need a mac complaint model and not one of those 8.95 ones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Since I got my power supply for my Pmac g4 MDD for free, I have put a 145 gig IDE in it, but since the whole worlds moving to SATA, I feel I should grab a SATA PCI card. I would like bootable from the drives connected to it, but if its prohibitively expensive I don't need the feature. I DO NOT want one with eSATA headers, already got that covered and that will just jack the cost up. I figure (as with all things) I will need a mac complaint model and not one of those 8.95 ones.

Do you mean Mac compliant ?? lol

And what exactly is you question ??

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Whats a good SATA (2) controller for powermac g4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Not worth the expense so save your pennies for a newer (Intel hehe) machine. You are going to be stuck with your current system bus speed and either internal and/or eSATA cards are not worth the money. Went this route with a FW800 1.25DP MDD and there was no noticeable speed increase.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No Intel for me, sorry, :p had too many bad experiences, waiting for A-EON to come :p :p

I really need a faster drive controller so, what is a good SATA controller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.