BT mouse recommendations please

Reaction score
Hi all,
On Monday, I got my Mac Mini and while I was there, I trialled the Magic mouse and found it was a little too flat for my tastes.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative mouse, please? At the moment, I'm using a bog-standard USB wired mouse, but the USB cable keeps getting snagged and annoying the heck out of me.

A friend mentioned the Logitech V470 and it has fairly good reviews at amazon, but I thought I'd ask your advice, as well. :)

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
It's not bluetooth but is supplied with a usb wireless receiver. This is my only personal recommendation. Logitech MX Revolution I'm personally selling my Mighty Mouse once I pick one of these guys up.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It's not bluetooth but is supplied with a usb wireless receiver. This is my only personal recommendation. Logitech MX Revolution I'm personally selling my Mighty Mouse once I pick one of these guys up.

I love Logitech mice. The Revolution looks a bit large for my smaller hands but I am sure it's an excellent mouse. If someone needs a slightly smaller mouse, the Logitech M555b or the V470 are both Bluetooth mice and also quite good. Not as many buttons as the Revolution though.

Our own CWA here on the forums owns a M555b and loves it. Prefers it to the V470.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
I'm a huge fan of the Magic Mouse. Great app to go with it to give it great customization is MagicPrefs.

Been using mine for 2 months. Wow, I feel I've had my MBP longer. LOL, how did I ever survive without it before? LOL!

Good luck on the mouse hunt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Apple can't design peripheral devices that are ergonomic - sad, but a fact - they all look pretty but are ergonomic disasters (like their keyboards) - if you use the mouse a lot, go for the best wireless mouse you can afford, which feels good when you use it - I use a Logitech wireless mouse that I used to use with my PC and it is fine - much better than any Apple mouse.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Hi Emptee,
I used to own a MX Revolution, about 3-4 years ago and I admit, they are nice mice, but ideally, I don't want to add any more USB devices/leads, as I'm trying for the uncluttered look. :) I have on-board BT on the Mini, so I might as well take advantage of that. :Cool:

Thanks for the suggestion, though. :)

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
I love Logitech mice. The Revolution looks a bit large for my smaller hands but I am sure it's an excellent mouse. If someone needs a slightly smaller mouse, the Logitech M555b or the V470 are both Bluetooth mice and also quite good. Not as many buttons as the Revolution though.

Our own CWA here on the forums owns a M555b and loves it. Prefers it to the V470.
Hi dtravis7,
Thanks for the link to the M555b. :) I'll ask my good friend Mr. Google if there are any reviews on it. :)
One thing I don't like about it, though is the scroll wheel - I think the one on the V470 looks sturdier.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Magic Mouse. Great app to go with it to give it great customization is MagicPrefs.

Been using mine for 2 months. Wow, I feel I've had my MBP longer. LOL, how did I ever survive without it before? LOL!

Good luck on the mouse hunt.
Hi mtbinva,
Thanks for your suggestion, but as I said in my top post, I already tried the Magic Mouse, when I was in store and I found that it was too flat for me to hold comfortably and work with for any length of time.

OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Apple can't design peripheral devices that are ergonomic - sad, but a fact - they all look pretty but are ergonomic disasters (like their keyboards) - if you use the mouse a lot, go for the best wireless mouse you can afford, which feels good when you use it - I use a Logitech wireless mouse that I used to use with my PC and it is fine - much better than any Apple mouse.
Hi didymus,
Yes, I totally agree that Apple's ergonomic design leaves a lot to be desired.
Let's face it, Apple's all about UI and prettiness. ;) In fact, I'm still waiting for Apple to use the name "iCandy" for one of their pretty products! LOL

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
Rottie
Reaction score

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've heard that complaint before, but never noticed it myself in any of the BT mice I've used. So either I'm not sensitive to it or it's not occuring.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I've heard that complaint before, but never noticed it myself in any of the BT mice I've used. So either I'm not sensitive to it or it's not occuring.

Agreed with CWA. Never had any Lag issues with 2 logitech BT's, a Microsoft BT and the Magic Mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
OP
Rottie
Reaction score
Hi all,

An update for you.
Yesterday, my SO got me one of these from our local Argos store. Not a bad mouse for the money, if I do say so and will definitely do until I get a BT mouse later on.

Thanks to all who contributed to the tread. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, MacBook (White), 2 GB
Dunno if you ever chose a "final" mouse but my experience with BT keyboard and mouse has not been great. When they work I love 'em, both in feel and form.

Bought a new iMac August '09 with BT keyboard and mouse and run Snow Leopard. Unfortunately, I need to Boot Camp into Windows XP for some applications. They simply will not work with XP in Boot Camp (I have attempted numerous pairings, getting the mouse to pair occasionally and the keyboard, never). I bought a USB Windows keyboard with track pad for use when in Boot Camp. They do work well with Windows in VMWare Fusion.

Apple has been no help with this.

Reaction score
I know i'm kinda late to this thread, but I would recommend the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. I originally used it with my old laptop, and it has worked perfectly since I got my Macbook Pro. I know its microsoft, which might deter some away, but I would really recommend giving it a try. Its relatively small, but not too small where your hand gets uncomfortable after a while.

I am currently running Snow Leopard and Windows 7 (through bootcamp) and after the initial pairing and setup in each I have had no problems having the mouse automatically connect whether I boot into one or the other.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.