iPhone Ringtones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
I made a ringtone in iTunes (edited the song, changed the file type to m4r, and saved it to my desktop), now when I try to move it back into iTunes in the Rintones folder in the library nothing happens. My pointer has the little green add sign beside it for a while after I drop the file in, but it never appears. Any ideas why this is?

Thanks!

P.S.-I am using a MacBook with iTunes 9.0.3.

Reaction score
Did you try editing it down in Garageband? From what I understand a ringtone can only be like 30 secs, so once you trim it down I believe Garageband automatically formats it and all that good stuff when you export it to iTunes as a ringtone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
yup garageband is 10X easier

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is it possible to make a ringtone out of a song I already have, though? Also, is it true that if I do it in Garage Band it will be louder once I get it on the phone?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but I'm actually fine with that, I've already created the ringtone. It's saved on my desktop, but when I try to drag and drop it into the ringtones part of my iTunes library, it just won't go. That's really my only problem. Any idea?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Can you drag it into the music folder. I made one using Audacity and i dragged mine fine into Music ??

Just a thought:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, Iphone 3GS & 4 32GB
Drag & drop the ringtones (must be in m4r format) in the music folder. Automatically a Ringtone folder will be created then you may sync yr Iphone. I use iRinger (for win) to convert mp3 files and it will place them in the Ringtone folder after the conversion. Its free with some advert.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yep, I've done all that. When I drag and drop nothing happens. I'm not sure what else to do or how to get around it. I just can't get anything in the ringtones folder (They are definitely m4r files). When I drop the file I get the temporary wait icon beside my cursor, then when it goes away nothing has happened. :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you tried repairing permissions through disk utility ??
Worth a try

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, Iphone 3GS & 4 32GB
The ringtone must be 30 sec and below.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.