Recommend me some games.

T

Tel

So far all I've played is Americas Army which is ok, runs pretty well on my iBook, I'm looking for either a decent FPS or RPG, single player is a must multiplayer a bonus, I dont play too often but would like something half decent to play when my brother is hogging the PS2.

OP
E

EvoMac

The two best games out on the Mac currently are World of Warcraft which is a Massive Multiplayer online role playing game & Call of Duty which is mainly a single player WW2 game with some multiplayer.

World of Warcraft does require a subscription of $15 a month.

Doom 3 is also a decent game, but has quite high system requirements.

OP
T

Tel

I don't play enough to justify spending $15 a month. ****it, all I want is something like Final Fantasy for the Mac. I played Doom 3 on the PC but didn't like it all that much, might look into COD though, only played it once in an internet cafe in Ireland.

OP
E

EvoMac

I would definitly check out Call of Duty then, or perhaps Sims 2 when that comes out, which is pretty soon if not already.

Reaction score
Tel said:
So far all I've played is Americas Army which is ok, runs pretty well on my iBook, I'm looking for either a decent FPS or RPG, single player is a must multiplayer a bonus, I dont play too often but would like something half decent to play when my brother is hogging the PS2.

If you like FPS WWII give Call of Duty and BattleField 1942 a try. Also Halo works quite well on the Mac and Close Combat First to Fight also works very well on the Mac.

OP
T

Tel

I do like my WWII games, I used to play Close Combat V: Invasion Normandy quite a bit (not FPS but still a quality game) so I might give First to Fight a try. Played the BF1942 demo, seems to work well on my iBook, is the Desert Combat mod available on Mac though? I used to play that a lot in that Irish internet cafe.

OP
T

Tel

That may well be my next purchase then! After I get back from holiday in a couple of weeks that is, I'm skint at the moment :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
burning monkey solitaire

well, you said recommend some games, not types.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Tel said:

For FPS, I'd recommend Halo. It should run on an iBook G4 ( not sure though, so pls don't kill me if I'm wrong!!) Or Rainbow Six.

One RTS game I love that's great for killing time is Homeworld II. It has lower system requirments, and is still an awesome game.

Whatever you get, I recommend going to http://www.gogamer.com

They seem to have the best prices in town :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.