problem with bootcamp 3.0

Reaction score
Hey, so i just installed windows 7 with bootcamp and then installed bootcamp on the windows side, which is 2.1 i believe. So my question is, how do i update to bootcamp 3.0 and 3.1 in windows? I am running 10.6.2 on the mac side but i do not have the 10.6 disk, i only have the 10.5. Is there anyway to update bootcamp on the windows side?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How can you be running Snow Leopard and not have the disk? I suggest buying a copy of Snow Leopard and use the install DVD to upgrade your Boot Camp 2.1 to 3.0. After you do that, you can download and install Boot Camp 3.1 from Apple.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
How can you be running Snow Leopard and not have the disk? I suggest buying a copy of Snow Leopard and use the install DVD to upgrade your Boot Camp 2.1 to 3.0. After you do that, you can download and install Boot Camp 3.1 from Apple.

Regards.

I am a college student and do not have the snow leopard disk with me. Is there any other work around? Like an update online?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No work around or way to download Boot Camp 3.0 from Apple. It's only available on the SL DVD. Ask someone at home to mail your SL disks to you so you can do the update. Either that, or borrow a Snow Leopard disk from a friend at college. Since you already own a copy, that's perfectly legal. Besides, you're only going to use it to update the Boot Camp drivers.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.