mini vs p/book switcher

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between a mini and a p/book but can't decide. P/book is about 600-700 euro more. Does anyone use the mini with a TV instead of monitor and how does it look. If I getg one I will be connecting to a 28" CRT widescreen via s-video, what do you think?
Also has anyone compared the 2 on tasks such as video editing or photo editing and what are their thoughts. I will be doing general stuff with the heaviest being photo/video editing, would an ibook be enough (12"). I am hoping to get a laptop through work Windows) so quite make up my mind. I would have to buy keyboard & mouse for the mini

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
richieg said:
I'm trying to decide between a mini and a p/book but can't decide. P/book is about 600-700 euro more. Does anyone use the mini with a TV instead of monitor and how does it look. If I getg one I will be connecting to a 28" CRT widescreen via s-video, what do you think?
Also has anyone compared the 2 on tasks such as video editing or photo editing and what are their thoughts. I will be doing general stuff with the heaviest being photo/video editing, would an ibook be enough (12"). I am hoping to get a laptop through work Windows) so quite make up my mind. I would have to buy keyboard & mouse for the mini
I don't know what the video is like on the mini or how you would convert the DVI signal to S-video... but when I hook my powerbok up to a TV with the built in S-video the desktop is barely usable. If I play a DVD or something like that it looks OK because it is using the NTSC (or PAL signal if your in europe i guess) signal from the DVD, but using the TV as a monitor for anything else is a bad idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.